Top 10 Things To Do With Your Petaflop Supercomputer
Now that IBM has a petaflop supercomputer, the question becomes what to do with it:
10. Develop a coherent exit strategy from Iraq
9. Crank call Gary Kasparov at 3 in the morning and ask in that creepy computer-voice: "Would you like to play a game ... bitch?"
8. Write a script that saves the Geico Cavemen sitcom from being canceled after 3 shows
7. Port Rails to VBScript
6. Explain the plot of Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
5. Open the pod bay doors (Or not -- let the computer figure it out.)
4. Hook up with slutty, esteem-challenged teraflop computers by telling them you think they're still hot
3. Explain Paris Hilton's popularity
2. Calculate shorelines post-Greenland icecap meltdown. Give seminars on how to buy to-be-oceanfront real-estate, particularly distressed and defaulted properties, for no money down!
And the #1 use for a petaflop-capable supercomputer...
1. Barter it for an iPhone