I'm the moderator of the "Development Environments" category of the Jolt Awards and this year the finalists are:
- EiffelStudio Open Source Edition (Eiffel Software)
- IntelliJ IDEA (JetBrains)
- IronPython (Microsoft)
- Microsoft XNA Game Studio Express, XNA Framework (Microsoft)
- NetBeans IDE (Sun Microsystems)
- Wolfram Workbench (Wolfram Research)
This makes for three interesting match-ups at the "sub-category" level: EiffelStudio and IronPython are primarily language-driven, IDEA and NetBeans are broadly capable Java heavyweights, and XNA and Wolfram Workbench are for the development of specialized types of applications. Oh, how I wish the judges' discussions could be published.